Sunday, November 23, 2008

s.o.s.

SAVE OUR SANDWICH!!!
We went to the 2nd annual po-boy festival today. It's held on Oak street, uptown. We've had some really chilly weather the last few days so I wasn't too excited about being outside but it got up to 70 degrees and I didn't want to go home ( or to work, either).
We had: a pulled duck po-boy, shrimp romalaud po-boy with fried green tomatas, alligator and shrimp cheesecake and seafood stuffed mushrooms. We went home and ate an apple pie the big guy made as practice pie for the holiday. Only my daughter could appreciate this but I'll let ya's all know:I was having artichoke oyster soup for supper tonight, at it's reheated perfection, I dipped my spoon into my soup and 14 jerk monkey faced pukes approached the front desk. One by one I answered their cockamamie questions (and most of that only involved the word "no" (and then I thought: dumb ass) until the final 2 stepped up to the plate, or bowl, so to speak, and I said : " YESSSSSS?" Shyly one guest asked if she could inquire about a tour.
$55. later, I finished my soup.

2 comments:

sharonwue said...

What kind of vibe are you giving off that people think they can just ask you anything?

NOLA said...

A creole catsup kind of vibe