Sunday, November 9, 2008

God's little 1/10 acre...

Today was garden day. I had seen mums on a news segment the other morning and decided I would like JGC to buy me some. We went to Perrinos (the favorite garden store of the local southern belles) and the mums were the first thing I saw. "We need a cart", I said. Beyond the Mums were the mile of assorted pansies and across from the pansies I saw begonias and behind the begonias I saw these ruby colored flowers and behind a secret wall and across a stream and beneath a shinto shrine, I thought I saw orchids...
Well,(and I probably need one now) I have the finest little garden. I made 4 hanging baskets, filled 2 big planters with begonias, positioned my pile o' mums around my rose bush AND stirred up all the other plants I already had. My neighbor brought me some basil and I added more parsley. JGC said I needed a degree to grow orchids and I said no, no, you need a FORTUNE to grow orchids. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

bcallegra said...

I'm impressed with your gardening efforts - and the fact that it's warm enough for you to plant things!

sharonwue said...

ditto what bc said. If there is justice, you are hankering to be here, where the snows of November come early- where the snowmobile club is entertaining themselves with building a bridge over ole' not-crossable (the stream in the back of the farm). Okay, right. There is no justice.